Saturday, May 2, 2009

Neverwinter nights 2 : Mask of the betrayer (RPG / 2007)

All that you hoped it would be.

Graphics - 8
Sound - 8
Gameplay - 8
Difficulty - 8
Overall - 8.5

Let me start off by saying that i am a huge fan of RPG games and that the original NWN2 was a bit of a let off for me due to wide array of bugs within it. And because of that my expectations of NWN2:MOTB was not too high. But having finished the game, I now hold a completely different opinion about it.

Compared with the original the expansion is a huge improvement. Better graphics, Better Music and hell of a lot better adventure element brings back the true RPG experience that was missing in the original. And the fact that almost all of the bugs that were present within the original have been fixed was a huge relief for me.

The biggest downside for me was that the game was just too short for me to enjoy completely. And although there are a few new classes and prestige classes available all of the new ones just seem like a combination of the existing classes. There are some aspects of the game play also that was a bit of a let off But explaining those in detail may turn out to be a bit of a spoiler for some.

The Bottom line
The game is a absolute must for gamers who love RPG's. The game may be short but every second that you play is absolutely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment